Hey guys! So today’s blog post is a little different to my others because it’s not about a book! Instead, it’s to inform you that I’ve been nominated for The Liebster Award! The ever lovely Cassie over at Late Night Reviewer nominated me for this award and I couldn’t be more grateful! The Liebster Award is a wonderful way to bring attention to the blogs you like and that you feel deserve recognition.
The rules for this award are pretty simple!
You must acknowledge the person who nominated you and display the award, answer eleven questions that the blogger gives you, give eleven facts bout yourself, and then nominate 11 blogs that you think are deserving! Make sure you tell the bloggers you nominated them, and then post your 11 questions to the nominees. Other than that, just have fun with the award 🙂 Anyway, now I better answer some questions!
Which of your favourite books would you like to see come to life?
Definitely one of my all time favourites, ‘How To Be Famous’ by Alison Bond. I read this book for the first time in Year 7 or 8, so a long time ago! Since then, I’ve easily read it over 100 times. No exaggeration. It’s probably my favourite book out of any I’ve read. If you haven’t heard of it then go check it out on Goodreads. It’s a perfect mix of Hollywood fame, romance, humour, but with a lot of dark themes too. However, if it did come to life, it would have to be a pretty good adaption to make it even as close to as good as the book!
Crunchy peanut butter or smooth?
What is your most unrealistic dream? Why do you think it’s unrealistic?
Probably to be a successful author. I don’t have the time to devote myself to writing right now and probably don’t have the talent either haha!
If you could date any celebrity (alive or dead) who would it be and why?
James Dean! I’ve always had a soft spot for bad boys and I think he would be pretty fun to be around 😉
What song would you love to see in book form?
‘Autumn Leaves’ by Ed Sheeran. It’s such a beautiful song, I’d love to see it in book form.
Which character from Harry Potter do you feel you’re most like? (If you haven’t read Harry Potter… first of all, how? Second, just choose a book character that you feel best resembles who you are)
Definitely Hermione! Growing up, I always related to her because of her bookish ways and bossiness! I was a huge nerd growing up (still am now!) and I never felt bad about it (which I shouldn’t have because nerds rule) because Hermione was the biggest nerd in book history and she still dominated over everyone! Plus she’s a caring friend which I like to think I am too.
If you could be a part of any TV show, book, movie, etc. which one would you choose?
Gilmore Girls ❤ I am so similar to Rory Gilmore that I feel we would be best friends! Plus I could scoop up Dean before she did, which is everything I’ve always dreamed of.
What would you do if you could get away with doing anything without consequence?
Steal a library! No joke haha. I would rob the library of some rich person who takes it for granted and run away to a deserted island to spend the rest of my days reading.
Which book was an absolute favourite of yours? What made it so amazing?
I can’t decide between Sarah J. Maas’ two series’ ‘Throne of Glass’ and ‘A Court of Thorns and Roses’. Both are two of my favourites of all time because of the characters, the plot, the writing and just everything. If you haven’t read either of them, then you need to. Right now. No, really. Right now.
What internet meme/viral trend do you wish would just disappear?
The Spongebob one! I just don’t get it hahaha.
Which fictional character would you want to bring to life? Why?
Rhys from ‘A Court of Thorns and Roses’. He is smart, kind, mysterious and extremely hot. What more can I want in a guy?
BONUS: Sell me a book. Any book. Recommend it to the absolute best of your abilities.
YO! If you like 10/10 books, then check out the ‘Court of Thorns and Roses’ series by Sarah J. Maas. It has awesome characters that make you wanna jump into the pages with them, hot guys that you wish you could take OUT of the pages, dazzling plot twists that could make your head spin, PLUS a way of writing that makes you feel like you’re part of the action. If you consider yourself a book lover but haven’t yet read this book, then what are you doing?! Go read it. This second. You won’t be disappointed.
Facts about me:
- I’m a stress head! I stress about everything. I stress about things that are supposed to relieve stress, like days off and holidays. I just stress. A lot.
- I have a terrible memory, unless it’s university stuff. Thankfully I can remember almost everything if it’s related to uni work.
- I’m a Taurus and I actually do believe a teensy tiny bit in star signs. Maybe because my personality meets up so well with the Taurean characteristics…
- I have a dog named Gemma who is my absolute best friend.
- I love politics.
- My favourite show is Supernatural and has been since the pilot episode! I was 10 when it started and still love it to this day.
- I’m in my second year of university and next year, I’ll be doing exchange for 6 months in Europe!
- I hate spending money because I’m always scared I’ll lose my job or go into debt and I won’t have any savings to save myself haha.
- My favourite singer is Elton John.
- I’m a horrible sleeper and can never go to bed before 1am.
- I read around 5-7 books a week. I spend almost all of my free time reading, even if I have to stay up until 4am to finish a book.
Lilly’s Book World
The Tuesday Review
Enjoying Life a Day at a Time
The Fictional Realm
Travelling Through Words
The Quirky Library
U Write I say
1. What is your favourite series of all time and why?
2. If you could meet one book character over dinner, who would it be?
3. What is your biggest pet peeve?
4. What book has made you cry the hardest?
5. Who inspires you?
6. Do you believe in ghosts?
7. If you had to only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
8. What is your scariest nightmare?
9. Describe a book to me without mentioning anything specific about the characters.
10. What’s your most bizarre talent?
11. What book has really changed the way you once thought about something?
That’s it from me guys! Make sure you get involved in this awesome award and I enjoy reading all your answers!